Sunday, February 23, 2014

Back On My Horse

So, I took some hard hits in 2013. Truth be told, I have been suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune since 2009, but it all came to a head with my divorce last year. Following the divorce, I found it impossible to write for many months. This is behind me now. I am now armed with the love of a good woman and my slave-driving muse has returned. In other words: "I'm Back!"

I have two collections headed your way this year: Horrible Gods: The Little Black Book of Atheist Horror Stories coming soon from Sinister Grin Books and a very special new collection called Something Terrible featuring a very special collaborator. Both  projects are very near and dear to me. I am truly excited to see them in print. And what about novels?

This year I will finally finish Miles of Hell. I have no publisher lined up for it yet. But my main goal is to get it completed. Still hoping for a mass-market deal for this one. 

I also have plans for my own unique spin on the redneck horror/ serial killer in the woods story. Here's the catch, there are no mutant rednecks in it and I am debating if there will even be woods. I was going to write this as a novella, but I have an idea for it that will probably only work as a longer piece.  This is one that will require a lot of research and maybe even some travel, depending upon whether or not I decide to go with the location I have in mind. 

Anyway, I'm writing. I'm in love. I'm about to purchase a new house.  If all goes well, I will be moving into this little fixer-upper next weekend. I am now working out as often as I like and have my pre-marriage body back, for the most part. I can finally, after nearly five years of struggling and suffering, say that life is pretty good. 

3 comments:

Sam Joyce said...

Miles of Hell will be worth the wait, I'm sure. You're one of the best things to have happened to the horror genre in years. Gripping hardcore horror shot through with an (unpretentious) academic intelligence...can't be beat!
Btw there's a short story of mine that I'd like you to read called "Evil Things Make Me Happy" (see my URL). I think you'll appreciate the philosophy in it.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Wrath, are there any plans to rerelease your first mass market novels ("Succulent Prey" and "The Resurrectionist) this year perhaps?

Wrath said...

A rerelease of Succulent Prey is in the works.